The mission of the Religious Education Program of St. John Vianney Catholic Church is to assist parents in the religious, moral, and spiritual formation of their children. Parents are the primary educators of their children, teaching by word and example. Our parish catechists support the parents and students by providing quality religious education in a nurturing, faith-filled environment. Through the cooperative effort of parents, catechists, and students, our children will grow in their love for God and knowledge of their Catholic faith, develop their God-given gifts and talents, live as contributing, respectable citizens, and learn to be full and active members in the life of the Church through their commitment to service as Catholic Christians; along with other acts of kindness.
We are a resource to the parish community offering opportunities in faith formation, prayer and worship, community and service to others. The following opportunities benefit our entire parish community as we work together to bring about the Kingdom of God:
- Pre-K and Kindergarten children are encouraged to participate in our Sunday School Gathering during the 9:30 am Mass on Sundays during the school year.
- Liturgy of the Word for Children is offered during the 9:30 am Sunday Masses. This lasts only through the Liturgy of the word part of Mass. Children learn how to live God's Word in a way that they can understand and in which they can participate actively.
- First grade through eighth grade disciples are encouraged to participate in our Wednesday evening Religious Education Gatherings. There are two gathering times: 4:15 pm to 5:30 pm and/or 6:15 pm to 7:30 pm.
- Rite of Christian Initiation for Children - This program runs through the school year on Wednesday evenings for children Grades 3 through 8 who have not celebrated one or more of the sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation, Eucharist or Confirmation, and for children interested in an initiation into the Catholic Church.
- Vacation Bible School - held in June for children ages 4 through Grade 5. Volunteers from teen through adults enjoy making this a fun, faith-filled experience for everyone.
- All High School students are encouraged to participate in our Teen Life Ministry on Wednesday evenings from 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm. Several other opportunities for fun and service also happen throughout the school year and summer.